The #1 Key Idea:
- Create the perfect morning routine with S.A.V.E.R.S method (silence, affirmations, visualization, exercise, reading and scribing)
Reading Length: 4 minutes
Step 1: Acknowledge that 95 percent of people won’t live life they want including our own friends, family and peers.
Most people have resigned their lives to mediocrity and face problems such as obesity, heart disease, low energy, side effects from drugs and simply overall burn out and discontentment.
Step 2: Identify causes of mediocrity – the WHY?
- Rear view mirror syndrome: self limiting beliefs due to past experiences
- Isolating incidents – believing that skipping out on one thing is harmless
Step 3: Draw your line in the sand.
The key is to start taking action and do things differently. It is to reject mediocrity and reject settling for less than you deserve
Step 4: Ask yourself – Why did you wake up this morning?
There holds truth to the saying “you snooze, you lose.” It applies to our lives with the awful cycle of going to bed late and waking up feeling anxious. The surprising fact is that we actually need as much sleep as we believe in. so reading a bedtime affirmation before bed is helpful. This is to ensure we wake up with genuine desire and enthusiasm!
Step 5: Five step snooze proof.
- Set your intentions before bed since your last thought before bed is your first thought in the morning
- Keep alarm clock at a distance from your bed so you need to get up and reach for it
- Brush teeth and splash cold water to face
- Drink full glass of water
- Get dressed or jump in the shower
Step 6: Your life S.A.V.E.R.S (MOST IMPORTANT SECTION)
Your options can include: prayers, meditation, self reflection or deep breathing in silence. The whole purpose is to be fully present.
This is to affirm to yourself who you want to be, what you want accomplished and how you can accomplish it with constant repetition.
For your affirmations, ask yourself:
1) What you really want?
2) Why do you want it?
3) Who do you need to be and commit to create it?
4) What are you doing to get it?
5) Optional: add inspirational quotes OR physical activity to tap into emotions.
You can start preparing by sitting up tall, breathing deeply and maybe playing music in the background. Visualize the impossible and what you want to achieve in order to obtain it. Visualize the process and end result. This is usually done directly after reading your affirmations.
This includes morning exercise such as walking, jogging, yoga and furthermore. The point is to just get the heart rate pumping!
We become the books we read so choose your books wisely. Even just reading 10 pages per day can make a difference. Ask yourself what you wish to achieve with the end result from the book and sometimes can re-read the book.
This includes journaling for 5-10 minutes. You can choose either to write in a digital or physical format. You can also decide what to write such as what you’re grateful for, accomplishments, improvements and action steps.
Step 7: Six Minute Miracle
- Minute 1: Sit quietly in silence, keep calm, breathe deeply OR meditate.
- Minute 2: Read your affirmations.
- Minute 3: Close your eyes and visualize OR look at vision board.
- Minute 4: Take one minute to write what you’re grateful for.
- Minute 5: Read a few pages of self help book for ideas.
- Minute 6: Stand up and move your body! Just get your heart rate up.
Step 8: Customize YOUR Miracle Morning
You don’t actually have to do all of this in the morning. Just wake up earlier than usual to make time to implement this routine. Consider keeping same morning schedule during weekends too. Also, make sure you eat the right foods that are easily digestible and high in energy!
Step 9: From Unbearable to Unstoppable
- Phase 1: Unbearable (First 10 days likely to feel very sluggish)
- Phase 2: Uncomfortable (Progress is made!)
- Phase 3: Unstoppable (New identity and transformation happens!)
Step 10: Transform your life in 30 days
For additional resources, check out the author’s website: https://miraclemorning.com/
LINK TO THE AUDIOBOOK: